The Soroptimist International of Seaford - Youth Forum is an annual event that provides an opportunity for our young people to come together in a structured environment to practice public speaking, express opinions, learn different facets of society, discuss issues of today and to offer possible solutions regarding the topic discussed.
The Youth Forum was held Saturday, March 30th. This year's winners are:
- First Place - Morgan Wright
- Second Place - Dalianna Corporan
- Third Place - Tyler Keeler
Students, grades nine through twelve, participated in this year's Youth Forum. The awards will be presented to winners at the Annual Soroptimist Awards Banquet. Students will be invited to the dinner to receive their award and certificate.
Criteria for judging was:
- Originality of ideas and solutions offered
- Persuasiveness without taking over group
- Ability to maintain objectivity and limit comments to the assigned topic
- Clarity of thought and ability to summarize findings
- Ability to perceive and solve problems
- Congeniality with peers.