Due to the Delaware State of Emergency declared to deal with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and with an abundance of caution and concern for the health and well- being of all, the 2020 Soroptimist Youth Forum scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 has been canceled. Our sincere appreciation to the students who applied to participate and to everyone involved with assisting with and hosting this event.
The Soroptimist International of Seaford - Youth Forum is an annual event that provides an opportunity for our young people to come together in a structured environment to practice public speaking, express opinions, learn different facets of society, discuss issues of today and to offer possible solutions regarding the topic discussed.
2020 Youth Forum Topic: "Understanding & Protecting Your Digital Footprint"
- Online Activity
- Smart Technology
- Privacy / Security
- Terms & Conditions
AN OPPORTUNITY TO WIN CASH
Practice public speaking skills and express ideas in a non-debate format.
- WHEN: Saturday, March 21, 2020 - Registration 8:30 a.m. - Program 9:00 a.m.— Noon
- WHAT: Soroptimist International of Seaford Youth Forum
- WHERE: Trinity Logistics, 50 Fallon Ave., Seaford, DE
- WHO: Area High School Students
Three students will win cash awards totaling $1,650.
- 1st place $750
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $400
A panel of three judges will rate students based on expression of their opinions and ideas regarding the topic as well as congeniality with peers.
Interested participants must complete the student application and return it to their Guidance Counselor by Friday, March 6, 2020.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for judging:
- Originality of ideas and solutions offered
- Persuasiveness without taking over group
- Ability to maintain objectivity and limit comments to the assigned topic
- Clarity of thought and ability to summarize findings
- Ability to perceive and solve problems
- Congeniality with peers.